General Rules and Requirements
1. The Bridges are the motto for the 3rd edition of the PortoCartoon-World
Festival. The several meanings of the word mobilise cartoonists from all
over the world.
2. There is another theme, equally mobilising Gutenberg. The fact that until
June 2001 we are celebrating the 6th centenary of the birth of the "father
of the printing press" led us to create this section instead of last years
3. Who knows, we may even have cartoons representing the bridges of printing
press of indisputable civilizational impact?
4. Each artist / journalist can send an unlimited number of works concerning
the theme, but only five at the maximum will be considered.
5. The artists who may not wish to compete can send their works to the
Extra-competition section, informing of this decision.
6. The works measurements should not be bigger than 42X30 cm.
7. Any kind of graphical technique will be admitted.
8. The works should present on the reverse the following information: name
and address of the author; title, theme section and year.
9. The works should be sent to the Portuguese Press Printing Museum
(address: Estrada Nacional 108, nº 206, 4300-316 Porto / Portugal) until the
28th February 2001.
10. The awards will be the following:
- 1st Prize (Grande Prémio) PortoCartoon - Euro 5.000
- 2nd Prize PortoCartoon - Euro 3.500
- 3rd Prize PortoCartoon - Euro 2.500
11. The Jury can give honourable mentions.
12. The Jury will have an odd number of judges and will be formed by
Portuguese Printing Press Museum representatives (1 or 2 judges),
representatives of the Portuguese Ministry of Culture, representatives of
the Fac. Belas Artes (Porto), a world-wide recognised cartoonist and
eventually some representatives of other institutions linked to the cartoon.
13. The Jurys decisions will be final.
14. The rewarded works will be property of the Portuguese Printing Press
Museum. The other will be sent to the artists by their request together with
the catalogue, after its public exhibition during the PortoCartoon and
possible exhibition on other cities and countries for the event promotion.
15. The winners will be announced on a public ceremony to take place at the
beginning or at the end of the PortoCartoon Festival.
Portuguese Printing Press Museum