The Publishing house TRAG, as the founder, and the Council of Zemun
International Salon of Caricature are inviting entries
from all over the world, to take part in contest on the Fifth Zemun
International Salon of Caricature
REGULATIONS FOR THE
2000 ZEMUN INTERNATIONAL SALON OF CARICATURE
1. The theme of the 2000 Salon is:
HISTORY OF THE WORLD
from the prehistory till 2000
(Try to find funny and comic aspects of any historical event throughout
the world and trhroughout the time you choice).
2. Participation in the SALON is free of charge.
3. Each participant can send a maximum of 3 (three) drawings.
4. Dimensions of each drawing must be between Minimum A4 (210 x 297 mm)
and Maximum A3 (297 x 420 mm).
5. Choice of technique and medium is open, but all drawings must be
original. PHOTOCOPIES ARE NOT ACCEPTED. Drawings should
be self-explanatory, without titles or subtitles. WORKS PREVIOUSLY
SUBMITTED TO OTHER EXHIBITIONS OR PUBLISHED IN NEWSPAPERS OR BOOKS ARE
EXCLUDED. PLAGIRARIZED CARTOONS WILL BE EXCLUDED FROM THE COMPETITION.
Cartoons which do not satisfy the above
qualifications will not be accepted.
6. Each drawing should bear the signature or mark of the artist and
their name, surname, address, phone number and e-mail
address, if any, on the back. Works should be accompanied by the
author's photo or caricature and a short basic biography in
English, including date of birth, hobbies, education, profession,
citizenship, awards, publications and exhibitions.
7. Works should be adequately packed to avoid damage. Any transport
damage is the responsibility of the sender. Drawings
should not be framed in any way. Please send drawings packed flat
without rolling or folding.
8. Send all drawings to:
9. All drawings should reach the Salon by 1st April, 2000.
10. All entries will be examined until 24th April, 2000, by an
International Jury of representatives from the world of art, culture
and public institutions. The decision of the Jury is final.
11. The Jury will award the following prizes:
First Prize: 1.500.- DM and a trophy
Second Prize: 1.000.- DM and a trophy
Third Prize: 500.- DM and a trophy
Other prizes will be awarded at the discretion of the Jurors.
12. Selected works recommended by the Jury will be exhibited in Zemun
and taken for exhibition to selected cities and towns in
13. The opening of the exhibition and distribution of prizes will be on
6th June, 2000. Prize winners from outside Belgrade will
have their travel-air or surface as appropriate - and three-days'
accommodation in Zemun/Belgrade paid by the Salon.
Vouchers will be issued for one person for appropriate travel and
14. Selected participants will get free of charge a catalogue of the
15. All of the drawings received the Secretary's office of the Salon
become the property of the Salon and remain in the
possession of the organizer and will be registered and included in the
collection of the Caricature Museum of Zemun.
16. The Organizer retains the right to use all the drawings received by
the Secretary's office of the Salon for promotion of the
Salon in any medium of public communication, to publish them in
newspapers, magazines, books, posters and in any other
form, to reproduce them on various products and to exhibit them in
Yugoslavia and abroad- all without any compensation or
fee to the author.
17. Please address any communications to:
Tel/Fax +38 111 613 107
By submitting his or her works, the artist accepts the rules and
regulations of the Salon as printed above and the decisions of the
Visit our http://www.oaza.co.yu/zemun.cartoon